Johannesburg — After months of research and planning ICSL management team has decided to embark on steps that it believes will improve the ICSL. These changes will be rolled out over time with the first improvements due to start with the 3rd edition of ICSL in 2015. Factors considered in making these changes include:
- General growth of ICSL
- Demand from clubs and teams wanting to participate
- Development allowing for high performance and consistent strength versus strength match ups
- Development allowing for long term competitive improvement and social competition; and
- Growth and development of club structures.
With this in mind the following changes will be implemented at the start of the 2015 season
- A new D2 mens’ division will added
- A relegation and promotion structure will be implemented with 1 team relegated from D1 and the champions of D2 promoted
- A Ladies invitational tournament will be implemented at the request of participating clubs and institutions
Clubs and Institutions
- Top tier varsities in Gauteng have confirmed participation for 2015 with Vaal, UJ and Boston joining Wits in a strong varsity line up for the ICSL
- Several new clubs are expected to join the D2 division as well the Ladies Invitational Division
2015 is expected to prove another exciting season with these developments and league management looks forward to the official welcome of the new member organisations.
- For a full list of participating teams click here